Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How can I configure download on demand to use an RPM repository?
  • From: Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 12:05:57 -0400
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 14:44, Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx> wrote:
On 2010-10-04 10:29:35 -0500, Michael E Brown wrote:
On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 02:57:25PM -0500, Marcus Hüwe wrote:

I just wrote a small patch to support the "update dod meta" feature.
If you set up an initial dod repo the scheduler downloads the
required metadata automatically. Additionally you can create a so
called "refreshdodmeta" event so that the scheduler updates the dod
metadata and cleans up the :full dir (removes unneeded binaries).

TODO:
 * api support for the refreshdodmeta event (trivial)
 * add download support for susetags and debmd (probably also trivial)
 * support project meta changes (for instance update the dodmeta if
   the <download /> tag has changed, remove binaries if the
   <download /> tag is removed? etc.)

Feedback, objections to the patch/the current design are welcome:)

This is pretty nice. I'm due to rebuild my local dev instance, so I'll see
if I
can fit some time in to try this patch. It sounds workable for what we do,
ie.
cron rsync of update repos. We can update the repos and add a step to run the
refresh OBS too.
Ok. To update the metadata simply call something like:
curl -X POST -d ''
(you can also specify the arch with &arch=<myarch>).

Can this get merged into 2.1?

--
later, Robert Xu