[opensuse-buildservice] loop module in qemu-kvm of build service
  • From: <Praveen_Paladugu@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:05:34 -0500
Kiwi image builds require loop devices in the qemu virtual Machine used by OBS
server.
But the kernel that qemu boots into doesn't seem to have "loop" built in. It
is compiled as a module.=20

I tried to load the loop module in init_buildsystem (with modprobe loop)
script which is run by the kernel during boot. =20
Since the modules.dep file is not available, this will not work.

How else can I load "loop" module into the kernel in the VM for the kiwi
builds to work?
Following are the versions of packages I am using:

build-2010.06.29-68.1.noarch
obs-common-2.0.1-1.1.x86_64
obs-signd-2.0.81-1.1.x86_64
obs-api-2.0.82-4.1.x86_64