Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Mandriva versions
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:20:27 +0200
On Thursday 26 August 2010 12:00:51 Oliver Burger wrote:
Hi there,

on FrOSCon I was talking to some openSUse guys about the possibility to use
the obs as build system for the German Mandriva community. Now "playing
arround" a bit brought several items to my attention.

On some places in the buildservice I found the Mandriva versions 2009.1 and
2010.
Which 2010 release is this? 2010.0 or 2010.1? And why are there not both?

There is Mandriva:2010 and Mandriva:2010.1

The second thing I wonder is which branches of the Mandriva repos are
included? All three? main, contrib and non-free? Or just main?

Just main.

So far no one asked for more and the others may need more legal investigation,
if we are allowed to import them.

Is there a way to include additional repos like plf? (Mandriva's equivalent
of
packman, I think, don't know that much about packman)

repos from outside of OBS ?

This is not allowed on our build.o.o because it is intendended as open source
hosting instance. (Also the DoD implementation is not complete)

And last but not least. After building a package Mandriva's "genhdlist2"
should be run on the repo to create the files needed by Mandriva's package
management.

okay, so we need a special repo type. Can you provide a package of this
executable,
which also builds for openSUSE/SLE-11 ?

I will add the support for this then.

thanks