[opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:06:14 +0200
present: mhuewe, coolo, mls, adrian, freitag

Topics:
* Status round
* OBS 2.1
* scheduler blocked mode handling

Status Round
============

adrian:
* Worked on improving webui source handling. Also submit request
creation is possible now.

This offers simple wiki style source changes, esp. for non-technical
users (who may still want to fix things like package descriptions) and
for simple tasks without a local checkout.

=> to be presented via web cast after improving the ui a bit more.

* OBS backend databases were corrupt after filesystem corruption
( caused by san storage failure ). Request db got restored, publish
database still broken. source db to be checked.

mhuewe:
Welcome Marcus Huewe to his 1-month internship at Novell :)
* Creating a test suite for osc
* rewriting osc update handling (to avoid broken local data on abort in
process)

freitag:
* Visited FrosCon, feedback was that it should be easier to not
publish stuff
=> discussed we need to offer more pre set options on creating projects,
needed

* Worked on "Connect" as replacement for users.o.o.
We discussed if this could be used by build.o.o to host all user
related data and for authentification.

In short, yes it can, but we must not loose plain http authentification
via api (without openid-redirection handling need in client).
Also openSUSE:Factory contributors may still need a novell account
to keep the connection to bugzilla.

OBS 2.1
=======

OBS 2.1 is behind the schedule and currently still in alpha state.
Agreement in the MeeGo-OBS group was to focus only on source read-permission
handling for 2.1 release. binary read-permission handling has to wait for 2.2
release.

Scheduler blocked mode handling

Adrian implemented a job cancel action with active build job kill when
a job is switching back to blocked.
We discussed that this may have bad impact during boot strap esp.

We agree to modify the code to
* remove only not active running jobs (scheduled, not building)
* remove also jobs where package switched to "disabled"

SUSE Linux Products GmbH