Re: [opensuse-buildservice] [OT] PathScale packaging bounty
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:42:19 +0200
On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 03:30:26PM +0700, "C. Bergström" wrote:
Hi all

Apologies for the OT post..

PathScale needs some packaging help (immediately or asap)

For kernel stuff please ask on opensuse-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxx, they know
more :)

1) kernel-trace, kernel-default, kernel-sources , kernel-trace-sources
(if they differ) , kernel-trace-sysm (if this needs to be different
from, kernel-sysm)
I've started a package [1] derived from Kernel:HEAD which gets close to
doing what we need, but not quite. The kernel-trace package builds and
boots, but I can't manage to get the corresponding kernel-trace-sources
to correctly match.

2) pscnv (Built against the kernel-default and kernel-trace from above)
http://github.com/pathscale/pscnv
(There's existing nouveau packages which could possibly be a good base
start..
https://build.opensuse.org/project/repositories?project=home%3Ajobermayr )

3) valgrind-mmt
http://kadu.net/~joi/valgrind-mmt.git/
<http://kadu.net/%7Ejoi/valgrind-mmt.git/>

4) envytools
http://github.com/pathscale/envytools/

Q - Why the hassle and why Kernel:HEAD?
A - We're not currently able to backport and test our compiler on the
loads of different kernels so want a 2.6.35 kernel that we can get
packaged everywhere. (Vanilla would be 2nd choice)

Q - What's the benefit?
A - The end result once these packages are done will be open source
NVIDIA drivers across all the distributions that we can get this kernel
package to build for. The kernel-trace packages will allow us to also
have an officially supported developer kernel to make it easier for
people to get us mmiotraces. Overall we hope it'll allow greater
testing and developer interest.

Q - What's pscnv?
A - http://wiki.github.com/pathscale/pscnv/

Q - How much is the bounty?
A - Contact me off list

#pathscale - freenode (I'm codestr0m)

Best,

Christopher

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/project/packages?project=home%3Apathscale

Working, but not speaking, for the following german company: