Re: [opensuse-buildservice] MIPS Support with OBS
  • From: "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:07:31 +0700
Martin Mohring wrote:
Hi,

a while ago the question about MIPS support with QEMU similiar to ARM suuport
had been raised. At that time, we had no working QEMU for that case. I
had now improved the situation a bit and wrote some Status on the issue:
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2010/08/22/obs-2-1-status-of-powerpc-and-mips-support-with-qemu/

For anyone interested, contact me.
Hi Martin,

As a coincidence I'm in the final process of doing a release for our MIPS compiler (commercial product). However, as we have time we'll be merging the MIPS specific bits to our open source community version. The two main benefits we could offer to this effort are

1) Easy to use/setup cross compiler (We can provide everything except linker and ld)
2) Focused on performance

Right now we have 3 different MIPS code generator backends, but the one I'm mostly focused on is for the SiCortex 5kf processor. It should in theory be fairly easy to bring the others online and do benchmark comparisons if anyone is interested.

I'm in #pathscale (on freenode) and of course feel free to ping me if this would be helpful to the project at all..

(The subject was about MIPS, but as a side note there's also ARMv5 stable and v7 in development..)

./C

ps.. I think it would be awesome to see an ARM v7 repository which was Android based