Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Linking two (private) OBS servers at different sites.
  • From: Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 12:37:44 -0400
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 05:29, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 10 August 2010 03:23:38 Robert Xu wrote:
On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 20:07, Troy Telford <ttelford.groups@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a guide anywhere that talks about how to link two different OBS
servers, so that when a project/package that is on one server can be
linked to
on another server (separated by distance and low-bandwidth; so it makes
sense
to send source code instead of keeping the package mirror constantly
updating).

I've seen the example where (openSUSE 11.3's obs packages) have
/srv/obs/packages has openSUSE.org.xml.

I've tried modifying that example, and set it to point between the two
servers, and had some success; I've linked some packages and when the
package
on one system is updated, the changes transfer to the other.  I can
copypac,
linkpac, aggregate pac, for the most part.

However, if I look in /srv/obs/log/scheduler_arch.log, I see the following
repeated endlessly:

2010-08-09 19:02:13: waiting for an event...
retrying watcher for http://obsapi.foo.bar.com/public
setting up watcher for http://obsapi.foo.bar.com/public
2010-08-09 19:03:16: waiting for an event...
response from watcher for http://obsapi.foo.bar.com/public
400 remote error: Bad Request
retrying in 60 seconds

Any ideas on what I might be missing?

Not really, I would either add some debug code to print the request or look
in the logs
of the remote instance.

You need to enable anonymous access.
Otherwise, the API will reject everything w/o an auth.

Erm, no, anonymous access is only for webui. /public is independend of that.

Really? Because it doesn't seem that way to me... I just pointed my
browser to the API/public and it asked for credentials.

--
later, Robert Xu