Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Linking two (private) OBS servers at different sites.
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:29:33 +0200
on another server (separated by distance and low-bandwidth; so it makes
sense
to send source code instead of keeping the package mirror constantly
updating).

I've seen the example where (openSUSE 11.3's obs packages) have
/srv/obs/packages has openSUSE.org.xml.

I've tried modifying that example, and set it to point between the two
servers, and had some success; I've linked some packages and when the
package
on one system is updated, the changes transfer to the other. I can copypac,
linkpac, aggregate pac, for the most part.

However, if I look in /srv/obs/log/scheduler_arch.log, I see the following
repeated endlessly:

2010-08-09 19:02:13: waiting for an event...
retrying watcher for http://obsapi.foo.bar.com/public
setting up watcher for http://obsapi.foo.bar.com/public
2010-08-09 19:03:16: waiting for an event...
response from watcher for http://obsapi.foo.bar.com/public
400 remote error: Bad Request
retrying in 60 seconds

Any ideas on what I might be missing?

Not really, I would either add some debug code to print the request or look in
the logs
of the remote instance.

You need to enable anonymous access.
Otherwise, the API will reject everything w/o an auth.

Erm, no, anonymous access is only for webui. /public is independend of that.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH