Re: [opensuse-buildservice] comps.xml
  • From: Iain Arnell <iarnell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 05:47:31 +0200
On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jul 29, 2010, at 3:52, Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 10:33:02PM -0400, Robert Xu wrote:
Fedora's style of patterns with the yum metadata is by adding another
file, comps.xml.
What if it was possible to make a patterns file, and have OBS convert
it into comps.xml and include it?
Example of a comps.xml file:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/13/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/154774805dafaffd6e9b62467f282a3097aa4898864589784e9eee94608790be-comps-f13.xml

This could provide compatibility under other clients like yum.

(Someone should make a how-to for creating a patterns file in the
wiki... I'll look into it, maybe?)

This is actually already implemented, thanks to a patch from
Iain Arnell. You just have to tell the system to create a
comps file by adding "Patterntype: comps" to your project
config.
(It actually writes a "group.xml" file, I hope that this is
correct.)

Oh, didn't know that :) btw, i think it's comps.xml. I'll test out the
functionality in a bit. Thanks!

The filename itself shouldn't matter - what's important is that the
file is referenced in repomd.xml with <data type="group">.

And I used group.xml rather than comps.xml because modifyrepo assumes
that the name of the file being injected into repomd.xml can be used
to determine the data "type".

--
Iain.