Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Pacman (Arch Linux) in OpenSUSE Build Service
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:31:20 +0200

Hello Matthew,

On Tuesday 27 July 2010 03:41:41 Matthew Bauer wrote:
How can I help get Arch Linux packages in the OpenSUSE Build Service?
I haven't been able to find the source repository where the build
service interprets the package config files into distro specific
files.

Most of that is part of the "build" package. It is setting up the build
enviroment base on the the packages (rpm or deb atm), parsing the sources
and the binary packages (to find all kind of requires).

You can find this code here:

http://www.gitorious.org/opensuse/build/

I would write a mini-perl test application to load "Build.pm", implement
the source and binary parsing and just print out the deps via the test
application.

To support the setup of a build system you will need to adapt the "build" script
itself and the "init_buildsystem" script.

Afterwards some smaller changes are needed in the build-service code, but we
can do that easily, if you provide a patch for the build script.

Welcome new OBS developer ;)
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH