Re: [opensuse-buildservice] adding files to a package via osc
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:51:28 +0200
On Monday 26 July 2010 20:20:50 Christian Daudt wrote:
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jul 26, 10 14:51:25 +0000, doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,
As an example, I have this package on the build service.

osc shows:

# osc ls home:doiggl mozbot
mozbot-2.6.tar.gz
mozbot.spec
wizard.xml

Is it possible to add a file to the package <mozbot> without having to

No. 'osc add' and 'osc ci' both require a checkout copy.

I actually have a similar question: I have a script that I call to do
an update to my package via osc, and it already knows that it will
have to replace some files. I would like to avoid downloading a big
tarball which I already know will be replaced...
I tried "--limit-size 0" but it didn't have the expected/desired
results - it doesn't track local files so "osc add/addremove" doesn't
work. Any suggestions? I thought limit-size was meant for this - what
is the purpose of it if you end up with a non-functioning checkout?

Hm, I have never tried it with value 0. It was more intended to block large
tar balls, but being still able to modify spec files and friends.

However, in your case it sounds it may make sense to use the api directly.

you could for example use osc, but also use any tool which is supporting http
operations, like curl.

osc api -m PUT -f $your_local_file /source/$project/$package/$filename

SUSE Linux Products GmbH