[opensuse-buildservice] nvidia kmp packes - license question
  • From: Marcel Ritter <Marcel.Ritter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 12:26:36 +0200
Hi,

I just installed openSUSE 11.3 on my machines around,
and as there are no nvidia driver repositories available at
this time I build my own nvidia kmp / driver RPMs.

I guess there are some other folks out there who're missing
those drivers, and maybe it'd be nice to put them into OBS.
(Not just because they're missing for openSUSE 11.3 right
now: in the past we regularly had to build them ourselves for
new hardware that wasn't supported by the official nvidia
repository).

However I'm not sure whether there are legal aspects to be
considered before doing so.

Maybe someone can comment on this?

Marcel

PS: The same question arises for VMware Tools / KMPs