Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ability to delete repositories regardless of links
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:00:28 +0200
On Wednesday 14 July 2010 18:44:54 Stephen Shaw wrote:
I understand the reason in preventing a repository from being deleted,
but at the very same time I think there should be a way to over ride
this. Something that comes up and says there are links to this
repository, would you still like to delete this repository?

In my case, a person has linked to my openSUSE 11.1 repository.
Looking at their home project it looks like they have added 1 package
and 3 variations of 11.1 repositories. It doesn't include any of the
dependencies needed to build the package and it doesn't seem that it
ever built successfully.

Yes, I know I could email the person, but it would be nice to just
take care of the issue and have a notification email go out.

I think the owner of the project should have full control over it and
not be held hostage by someone else's project.

There is a feature open for that. Someone needs to write special cleanup code
for this situation.

And an admin cleanup tool for removing repos building against "deleted" repo.

as usual, just some work to do it ;)

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH