Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to set up LDAP authentication for OBS?
  • From: David Greaves <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 21:52:30 +0100
On 14/07/10 02:22, Yang, Yi Y wrote:
Thanks, there are many info in it, but it isn't easy to follow it and set up
LDAP authentication for OBS successfully, it is better if there is a document
:-)

Can I suggest you start a document on the opensuse wiki describing how you have setup LDAP authentication so far and then raise specific problems that you encounter.

Can we use mixed authentication ways in OBS? For example, for internal users,
we can use LDAP, but for external users, we still use the old way, user name
plus password.
Yes, that should work fine.

As far as I recall the OBS looks for a username in LDAP and if it doesn't find it then it looks in the simple user db.
OBS doesn't cross-check the databases. This means that if a username exists in ldap, the ldap credentials will be used. If LDAP is not available then the system will 'fall back' to the simple user DB. This has implications if LDAP goes down and you let users register arbitrary usernames without checking.

How to change user's password is an issue, I didn't find an interface for
this in OBS web UI, currently do we have a way to change password of a user?
AFAIK there isn't one.

I am sure patches would be gratefully received :)

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."