Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RE: question about package aggregate
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 09:03:48 +0200

And there is a feature in openFate --
https://features.opensuse.org/309350, which is to skip source files
when
aggregating.
Does it mean that an extra item is needed, such as "source", for
feature
309350?

What do you mean, there simply is no way to filter out source packages
(.src.rpm) yet.

I mean to add "source" item like current "binary" as a filter to skip source
packages (.src.rpm).

(If you want to implement some access control, please note that
aggregates are currently linkable, i.e. you can modify them with a
patch.)

Yes, I want to implement feature 309350. If I'm not misunderstanding, whose
purpose is to skip source packages (.src.rpm) when copying build results
during aggregating.

In the end it is done by the scheduler, have a look in the "sub
rebuildaggregate" function.

Yes, you need some kind of filter or a flag to the aggregate xml to support
this. For this
particular use case a "nosources" flag might make sense to keep the logic to
decide
about source packages in the scheduler. (but a filter might make also sense in
other use cases).

SUSE Linux Products GmbH