Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can we please get ARM builds for 11.3+1?
  • From: "Jan-Simon Möller" <dl9pf@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:27:06 +0200
On Friday 02 July 2010 14:59:49 Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Friday 02 July 2010 14:57:20 Jan-Simon Möller wrote:
We should start with Ports:ARM:Factory:Base:build as a clone with the
packages of Base:build and run for now without cross-compilation. The
cross-compiler ist still @gcc-4.2.2 and Factory has a newer version so
these don't match.

I have disabled the "gcc" package for now. That means it will (try to)
build gcc45, but it will not get used as default compiler.

Where can I find the cross-compiler, which is used ?

As I said:
11.2:Base:build is base:build without crosscompiler
11.2:Base:build:cross is the layer with the crosscompiler put on top of that.
-> there it is.

We should really: start with base:build, without cross-compiler and do this
clean/fresh first. Then the cross-compiler. Then we can do whatever we want on
top.

IMHO rebuilding Factory now with 4.4.2 doesn't make much sense. We just see
what all is broken in this very combination.

Best,
Jan-Simon