Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can we please get ARM builds for 11.3+1?
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 13:20:17 +0200
On Friday 02 July 2010 06:54:41 Adrian Schröter wrote:

On Thursday 01 July 2010 19:19:10 Jan-Simon Möller wrote:

They are almost disabled, so I dunno what the current state is.

I moved all to Ports:ARM:11.2:*

Ports:ARM:11.2:Base:build - Base:build clone of 11.2 - no cross-compile
Ports:ARM:11.2:Base:build:cross - cross-compile add-on on-top of that
Ports:ARM:11.2 - subset of factory on top of :cross .

1100+ package were already building/done for 11.2 .

Status of Factory: unknown, we'd need to rebootstrap and should also change
the layout of the cross-compiler packages.

Okay, I have established Ports:ARM:Factory as project linked project to
openSUSE:Factory,
currently building against your 11.2 repo.

Let's see where we are ...

an open question here is who wants to act as distro manager here ?

This means:
* handling all submit requests. Reviewing, accepting and possibly forward them
to openSUSE:Factory to clean up own copies.
* coordinate fixing work (fix package A to see if stack Y builds then)
* And maybe also being default bugzilla guy (could also be done by someone
else though)

Since checkins in this large and therefore slow building project should not
happen at random times there should not be too many distro managers. And they
should
coordinate closely.

Other contributors will need to do submit requests to get stuff in, like with
openSUSE:Factory.

Who does feel to be able to handle this ?

Well, I put the question on openFATE, but don't have (yet) the coding
knowledge to act as distro manager. I'm pretty much interested in
"green" computing, that's why I was pushing PPC and now ARM. I can do
basic package fixing (add ARM related entries to spec files where
necessary, remove hard coded x86 optimizations from Makefiles, etc.) and
testing, as I already have a couple of ARM machines and expect to have
more. I could also do Bugzilla, although I'm more used to be on the
sending end :-)
I plan to learn C (again...), but my current coding knowledge is not
enough for reviewing, accepting, etc...
Bye,
CzP