Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can we please get ARM builds for 11.3+1?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:57:49 +0200
On Thursday 01 July 2010 16:43:07 Peter Czanik wrote:
Hello,

On Thursday 01 July 2010 07:14:24 Adrian Schröter wrote:

It just needs someone who starts and try to get the base system building
in first step.

I have just checked the two base arm projects, where Martin and Jan-Simon
worked
on:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=Base%3Abuild%3Aarm
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=Base%3Abuild%3Aarm%3Across

They are almost disabled, so I dunno what the current state is.

Martin, Jan-Simon: Does it make sense to enable them again to know where we
are ?
Or should be restarted from scratch with current code from Base project ?

I am willing to help here with guidance (help in project setup, keep a look
on
the project to find out what next could be done). But I will not fix
packages ;)

I don't really know, how factory is built. Is it possible to start off
compiling a base system, and then add subsystems one by one? That way
only those packages were compiled on a factory update, which are already
fixed and patches are already in factory.

As said before, start with "Base" project.

if we get this working, we can use it as a base for Factory later.

There are even Base:build:arm and cross out there. But I dunno about their
state,
since the build got disabled.

Martin Mohring and Jan-Simon should know more.

We could just enable them to see in which state they are though ...

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH