[opensuse-buildservice] Requires(pre): problem
  • From: John Beranek <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 22:21:06 +0100
This evening I created a new package "nagios" in
home:johnberanek:nagios3. This was an import of a package from EPEL6.

As received from EPEL6 it builds happily on a CentOS 5 machine, but in
OBS with RHEL5/CentOS5 build target it fails with "unresolvable: nothing
provides user(nagios), group(nagios)".

The package spec has:

Requires: user(nagios)
Requires(pre): user(nagios)
Requires: group(nagios)
Requires(pre): group(nagios)

Provides: user(nagios)
Provides: group(nagios)

On the advice of darix/coolo I solved the problem with a bootstrap
procedure of commenting out the Requires(pre) lines, and this allows the
build to complete. At this point I should be possible to put the
Requires(pre) lines back.

However, that bootstrap hack is hardly obvious/"nice" behaviour for OBS. ;)

Right, that's all for now.

John.

--
John Beranek To generalise is to be an idiot.
http://redux.org.uk/ -- William Blake

< Previous Next >
List Navigation
This Thread