Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can we please get ARM builds for 11.3+1?
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:19:04 +0200
Hello,

So, question is, can we get ARM builds for 11.3+1 and what is currently
missing to get this done.

The infrastructure is there, dl9pf did an excellent job there for
openSUSE 11.2 and continues to do it for MeeGo. The problem is, that it
is not just as simple as enabling ARM build in OBS. Many packages need
fixes to be able to get compiled for ARM. Some are just packaging bugs,
which even I can fix (so I fixed some for openSUSE 11.2 ARM). But many
involve patching. In some cases ARM patches are already available in
Debian / Ubuntu / Fedora / etc., so one just needs to find them and use
them. But more often it is for an older / newer sw version, so the patch
needs to be changed, or does not exist at all.

It seems to me now, that I can most likely dedicate some time to the
openSUSE@ARM project, if it starts at all. But it is not a one man
project, so we need to find more people, who can actually code and alter
patches, or create new ones.

Bye,
CzP