Re: [opensuse-buildservice] package conflicts with SLES 11 sp1 migration patch
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:34:01 +0200
On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 11:08:42AM -0500, Andrew Daugherity wrote:
Some packages installed via the build service (notably,
apache2-mod_auth_mysql [1]) conflict with the sp1 migration patch, for
no apparent (to me) reason. (Note: I still haven't upgraded to sp1 on
this machine, just keeping its patches up to date, one of which is this
"migration" patch, which is apparently needed pre-upgrade.)

This is the Build Service mailing list, you should probably ask
on some other list about package manager problems.

There appears to be a workaround -- choosing to uninstall the affected
package lets the patch install, and I can reinstall the package
afterwards without any conflicts.

You can reinstall the package afterwards because the "Obsoletes"
from the product is ignored for installed packages.
But that's probably not the intention of the "Obsoletes", my
guess is that "apache2-mod_auth_mysql-3.0.0-15" should be
installed instead.

Is it correct that I should continue using packages from "SLE 11" repos
in sp1, etc.?

Probably not for packages that are included in SP1. As there seems
to be a "apache2-mod_auth_mysql" in SP1 you're no longer in
a supported state when you install the package from the build service.

There isn't a separate sp1 repo for e.g. Apache:Modules.

Maybe the maintainer of that project knows if that's a problem
or not.

Cheers,
Michael.

--