[opensuse-buildservice] How to deal with soversion bumps in factory
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 20:52:22 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

to start compiling openSUSE Factory for SPARC, I started off with a new
project that used 11.2 as a <path>, among other things such as tweaking
the prjconf a little.

So, post-build-checks happens to get built, and is built with a link to
librpm.so.0. Later on, rpm itself gets built, providing librpm.so.1.
Subsequently, post-build-checks (or rpmlint, one of the two) gets an
expansion error because it wants librpm.so.0 -- and in turn, all other
packages also go into expansion error because p-b-c is used during
build.

For the time being, I ripped these two from the prjconf so that it
starts again building, but that may not work for the packages more
essential than p-b-c and rpmlint (which are just "Support" in prjconf),
such as libblkid.

I wonder how build.opensuse.org's openSUSE:Factory deals with these
kinds of situations that can bring an entire project build to a halt.