Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal for renaming 'build'
  • From: Fathi Boudra <fboudra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:11:25 +0300
Hi,

So what is your proposal ? "suse-build" ? But that could confuse people,
because it
can be also used to build non-suse stuff.

I'm happy with some branding here (opensuse-build preferred over suse-build).
- "build" could be used by osc (openSUSE Commander)
- the users will search something like "opensuse build" in their
preferred package manager.
- in the users minds, "build" is related to openSUSE Build Service.
- when I search for "build" tool on Google, I search "opensuse build" terms
- to avoid people confusion, package description is here and should
state "build" can be used to build non-suse stuff.
- the wiki page is http://wiki.opensuse.org/openSUSE:OSC
- the gitorious repository is http://gitorious.org/opensuse/osc/

see openSUSE everywhere ? ;)

Cheers,