Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Osc 0.127 bug
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:33:06 +0200
Hi,

On 2010-06-16 09:08:10 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:

Hi, I'm currently using osc-0.127 and every time I check in a package it
complains about _link and the backup files from quilt and kwrite etc.
ending with a tilde "~". The previous versions of osc ignored these files.
Is it ok to report these things on this list?

Can you be a bit more "precise"?:) What do you mean with "complain"?

Marcus

Sorry, I mean that I get the message :-
Attention, qtractor-0.4.6 is not mentioned in spec files as source or patch.
Attention, qtractor.spec~ is not mentioned in spec files as source or patch.
Is this correct? [N/y/d] (y to ignore) y

The first message is for the directory qtractor-0.4.6 produced by
unpacking the tarball, the second one relates to a backup file produced
by kwrite, quilt also creates tilde "~" suffixed backup files for patches.
The first message, which needs no attention isn't so bad, I don't think
you can check in directories anyway but the second is irritating and
distracts from actually noticing a patch that should have been added
with osc add for instance. I don't think it's common practice to suffix
files with ~ anyway. Other than that osc-0.127 has been working fine,
does it pick up packaging errors?
Regards
Dave P