Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal for renaming 'build'
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:45:33 +0200
On Tuesday 15 June 2010 16:28:55 Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 04:22:46PM +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
I like this proposal, esp because we could switch to a different version
number
scheme as well then. This is needed, because we have now a stable branch
for the first
time for the OBS 2.0 build service.

osc-build is not a good idea, because the script is used on server and
client side.

So maybe "obs-build" and let it follow the OBS release numbers ?

mls, ro, lnussel, what are your opinions here ?

The "build" package has nothing to do with obs. It's just used by
obs to do the real building. It doesn't even depend on anything
from obs.

(Same with Fedora's "mock" and koji)

So what is your proposal ? "suse-build" ? But that could confuse people,
because it
can be also used to build non-suse stuff.

You are right of course that the build script can be used without an obs
server, but
on the other hand one could claim that it belongs to the "obs suite" and is
developed
as part of it.

bye
adrian