Re: [opensuse-buildservice] search engine exclusion
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 15:29:21 +0200
Am Freitag 11 Juni 2010 schrieb Peter Czanik:

Hello,

It seems to me, that google also indexes branches created under "home:".
This is not much use, as these packages disappear as soon, as a submit
request was accepted. Only an error message is displayed, that it is not
found, like:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=syslog-ng&project=home:czan
ik:branches:Base:System

Could the home:xxx:branches: name space exluded somehow from search
engines?

Yes, it can be excluded but I don't think it's fair use. Because we have
_tons_ of branches projects that will not disappear any time soon.

Ah, OK. My experience was, that the maximum life time of a package under
"branches:" was one day :-) My packages were deleted always before
google alert sent me an e-mail about new pages containing syslog-ng...
Bye,
CzP