Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS 2.0 Beta 3 released
  • From: Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 13:32:00 -0400
Hi all,

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 12:29, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

OBS 2.0 Beta 3 is available
===========================

The version tag of the release is "1.9.92". Beside a number of
bugfixes the two following changes happened:

* Backend has basic http proxy support for doing OBS interconnect.

* OBS Appliance comes with pre-configured signing daemon.

2 questions:

Have you modified README.SETUP to include instructions on how to configure
it on your own? There was a thread from a month ago, "obs and signing"...

Why is the /usr/bin/sign application have permissions set 4750?
This prevents the obs user from signing (/usr/bin/sign: 256 error code)

These come quite late, but were very often requested and we think
the code is safe against regressions.

Only possible known regression is that hardware without
hardware random generator will take longer during key generation
(when creating a project), what may lead to timeouts.

Happens when the hardware is idle on my server sometimes...

Repositories are as usual

 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Tools:/Unstable/

OBS Appliance can get downloaded via

 http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/OBS-Appliance

I hope we can release this code drop just with release number changed
on thursday.

Note: The final release will happen in the openSUSE:Tools project. Users
     who want to stay at 1.7 need to switch to openSUSE:Tools:1.7 project.

After this, how long will the openSUSE:Tools:1.7 project stay up?
Until 1.8 and 2.0 get merged into 2.1?

--
later, Robert Xu