[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Distro-specific Debian files
  • From: Rob Hasselbaum <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 15:54:03 -0400
On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Rob Hasselbaum <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all. I'd like to use a different Debian changelog (and possibly a
different control file) per OBS distribution repository. For example,
I want one set for xUbuntu_10.04 and a different set for xUbuntu_9.10.
I know that for RPM-based distros, I can have a different SPEC file
per repository by following the "myproject-1.0.0-{repository}.spec"
naming convention (e.g. "myproject-1.0.0-openSUSE_11.2.spec"), but the
same trick doesn't seem to work for Debian files. Any advice? Thanks.

Any thoughts on this? It looks like the maintainer of KDevelop3 has
achieved what I'm trying to do by creating tarballs containing
distro-specific Debian files. See
https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=KDevelop3&project=home%3Aamilcarlucas.
But when I try to do the same thing, I get an error at build time:
"package contains more than one tar file".

Thanks for all the work on OBS. It's a great resource.