Re: [opensuse-buildservice] BuildService API error: ERROR: service is not installed !Can maybe solved with: zypper in obs-server-download_url
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 14:19:07 +0200
BuildService API error: ERROR: service is not installed !Can maybe solved
with: zypper in obs-server-download_url

Anything I can do here from my side? (I care less for libvpx on OBS than for
the one linked to my own BS, but still).

Do you have tried to installed this source service ?

Yes, these are server side generated sources. That means they need to get
generated on
your workstation as well if you want to modify the sources.

My first idea of course was to follow the advise of osc:

zypper in obs-server-download_url
Retrieving repository 'G:F' metadata [done]
Building repository 'G:F' cache [done]
Retrieving repository 'NM081' metadata [done]
Building repository 'NM081' cache [done]
Retrieving repository 'VideoLan Repository' metadata [done]
Building repository 'VideoLan Repository' cache [done]
Retrieving repository 'games' metadata [done]
Building repository 'games' cache [done]
Retrieving repository 'openSUSE.org tools (openSUSE_Factory)' metadata [done]
Building repository 'openSUSE.org tools (openSUSE_Factory)' cache [done]
Reading installed packages...
Package 'obs-server' not found.
Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.

(hmm.. that actually looks like a bug in zypper! I did NOT look for obs-server
to be installed...)

But either way:
zypper se obs-server
Reading installed packages...

S | Name | Summary | Type
| obs-server | The openSUSE Build Service -- Server Component | package
| obs-server | The openSUSE Build Service -- Server Component | srcpackage

so something is advertised that does not yet exist.

Dominique