Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to install OBS server from git source
  • From: Thomas Schmidt <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:49:47 +0200
On 06/03/2010 07:18 AM, Leaf John wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I git clone the sources from build service git repository, but
there seems no install scripts. I osc co the obs-server package from
build.opensuse.org, and I notice the installation operations was
defined in the spec file.
What I'm looking for Is some guide for installing obs from git sources?

MY REASON TO DO THIS: I wanna setup a local server behind a
http_proxy, and I find a patch provided by "Marcus Hüwe"
<suse-tux@xxxxxx>, this patch seems only suitable for the newest
version in build service git repository.

Regards,
Leaf

Did you check the 2.0 beta rpms in the tools:unstable repo?
When cloning from git, all services can get started directly from
the source directories, i once wrote a tutorial for that:
http://www.digitalflow.de/index.php?seite=blog&postid=29
but that might be outdated now.

Greetings

--