Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Need notification of when a package is able to be installed from repo (Was When do I know that a package is published?)
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:32:14 +0200
On 04/28/2010 06:09 PM, Tejas Guruswamy wrote:
On 28/04/10 11:58, Dave Plater wrote:

On 04/28/2010 12:16 PM, Tejas Guruswamy wrote:

That's my point, the web client doesn't say published either anymore.
Maybe it could change from succeeded to a final state of published.
Hermes notifications come long before the package is published nowadays
as well.
Regards
Dave P

Yes it does, "State: published" is visible on all my project pages ...

Maybe you are looking at the package pages? Published is a
project/repository state, not a package state. Packages are not
published individually.

As I'm sure you know, packages can build successfully but have
publishing turned off.
Hermes notifications are for build success, not publishing success.

Regards,
Teajs

There's no state published visible in any of my projects or packages,
maybe I'm misunderstood, my workflow is as follows :-
1) make change to package
2) wait for package to build successfully.
3) This is where I have a problem, install package to test from repo but
I have no idea when it's actually in the repo
This is my definition of "Published" it is when the built package is
available for installation from the repo.
Regards
Dave P