Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu universe
  • From: Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:13:58 +0200
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2010-04-26 18:29:33 +0200, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
The good moment is:
- the day after a release, for new releases
- everyday for all releases, to add security fixes, backports, etc

Mirrors do that for Suse, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian, etc. I do that for
Ubuntu here at work (yes, we have a local mirror at work). It is not
difficult or troublesome.

This falls kinda short:
- ABI breaking updates (think openssl/clamav as recent examples, yes some
 packages broke with the openssl update)

ABI is never broken in a release. Updates are always binary-compatible.

- repositories with rolling releases.

I don't know what you mean. Please explain.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org