Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu universe
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:08:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Monday 2010-04-26 18:26, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
On 4/26/2010 at 12:53, Alexey Eremenko <al4321@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think a better idea would be to remove legal liability from Novell.

That is import _all_ the packages from all distros to openSUSE
project. So if any issues should arise Novell will not be responsible
anyway.

I wish it would be so easy to waive off any legal liability :)

At best Novell can argue with 'un-knowledge' of data imported and having to
remove them as soon as informed by 3rd parties, but that is already moot
and would certainly not work if those packages are imported in a space where
only Novell has rights to write. And giving external parties write
permission solely to circumvent this does not sound very legal-fool-proof.

So now every mirror of Ubuntu is also liable for some unknown,
yet-to-be-discovered and yet-to-be-proven break of law? Guys, come on

Guilty for treason, yeah :-) I wonder how UB was even allowed onto
ftp5.gwdg.de...

For real, you don't know all the laws of the world, let alone the
lawsuit trolls. Remember content industry wanting to blame search
engines because they index questionable warez and torrent sites?

Make some openSUSE packages a time.