Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu universe
  • From: Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:29:33 +0200
That is import _all_ the packages from all distros to openSUSE
project. So if any issues should arise Novell will not be responsible
anyway.

even without the legal issue you need people to watch the development of
the other distros to decide when a good moment is to import/update
packages.

That e.g. also blocks support for rawhide/sid support in the obs.

You don't need anyone to watch anything.

The good moment is:
- the day after a release, for new releases
- everyday for all releases, to add security fixes, backports, etc

Mirrors do that for Suse, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian, etc. I do that for
Ubuntu here at work (yes, we have a local mirror at work). It is not
difficult or troublesome.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org