Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu universe
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:18:25 +0200
Am Montag, 26. April 2010 13:01:58 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
On 4/26/2010 at 12:53, Alexey Eremenko <al4321@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think a better idea would be to remove legal liability from Novell.

That is import _all_ the packages from all distros to openSUSE
project. So if any issues should arise Novell will not be responsible
anyway.

I wish it would be so easy to waive off any legal liability :)

At best Novell can argue with 'un-knowledge' of data imported and having to
remove them as soon as informed by 3rd parties, but that is already moot
and would certainly not work if those packages are imported in a space where
only Novell has rights to write. And giving external parties write
permission solely to circumvent this does not sound very legal-fool-proof.

we hardly can, we obviously know about the risky packages and we are
required to react on notice (which you can even find in the mailing list
archives btw).

SUSE Linux Products GmbH