Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu universe
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:03:00 +0200
On 2010-04-26 12:18:39 +0200, Will Stephenson wrote:
Could we create a whitelist of packages needed to build other things by
request, and import that subset of universe?

the more important issue ... find a maintainer for that task.
He would need to watch the repositories for important changes and import
those.

I think that is the biggest issue for adrian. no time for the continous
job of monitoring the other distros.

someone out there who wants to take the job?

I think a better idea would be to remove legal liability from Novell.

That is import _all_ the packages from all distros to openSUSE
project. So if any issues should arise Novell will not be responsible
anyway.

even without the legal issue you need people to watch the development of
the other distros to decide when a good moment is to import/update
packages.

That e.g. also blocks support for rawhide/sid support in the obs.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you