Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu universe
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:18:39 +0200
On Monday 26 April 2010 10:29:52 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Montag, 26. April 2010 10:09:38 schrieb Michael Schroeder:
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 09:37:42AM +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Montag, 26. April 2010 09:31:16 schrieb Pau Garcia i Quiles:
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
Am Samstag, 24. April 2010 11:24:28 schrieb Pau Garcia i Quiles:
Hello,

Why is the 'universe' repository for Ubuntu not available in OBS?

bascially for time and legal reasons. It contains packages which
are considered to be at least problematic by Novell legal and I
don't have time to review them.

No, you are wrong.

Packages with may pose legal trouble are in *multiverse* not in
universe.

no, I found enough illegal packages in universe. Stuff which contains
codec code and friends.

Adrian, please provide some examples.

for example all the ffmpeg packages, but one need to look in each source
package for to find more.

I did this for Multiverse (which is part of OBS after a filter is applied),
but this is simply undoable for universe.

Could we create a whitelist of packages needed to build other things by
request, and import that subset of universe?

Will

--
Will Stephenson, KDE Developer, openSUSE Boosters Team