[opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu universe
  • From: Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:24:28 +0200
Hello,

Why is the 'universe' repository for Ubuntu not available in OBS?

It seems that at the beginning you (OBS
developers/maintainers/sysadmins) thought 'universe' was a moving
target but Vincent Untz quickly corrected that misunderstanding.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.suse.opensuse.buildservice/7749/focus=7751

Many essential packages are in universe, which makes very difficult to
build Ubuntu packages in OBS. Examples of widely used libraries which
are only available in Universe: Boost, Apache Portable Runtime (APR),
FastCGI, libpng until Ubuntu 9.04, Rails, etc

Having to build every 'universe' package I need is a nightmare.
Please, add 'universe' to OBS.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org