Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse] Re: Zypper data probably corrupted, how to re-create?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:31:37 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 22. April 2010 11:25:54 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
On Thursday 22 April 2010, 09:34:39 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 21. April 2010 23:12:07 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
On Wednesday 21 April 2010, 10:48:50 Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:07:59PM +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
History:
- 'repo2solv.sh' '-o' '/var/cache/zypp/solv/KDE_KDE3/solv'
'/var/cache/zypp/raw/KDE_KDE3' Unknown checksum type: 8: sha256

Oops, we updated the createrepo package on the build service host
to use some new features, and now all of the repos use sha256
checksums instead of sha1. Unfortunatelly libzypp in 11.1 and older
can't handle that checksum (yet).
We now use a createrepo option to use sha1 again for older repos,
so things should work again for all freshly created build service
repositories.

Michael, it looks, like it's not enough. Unfortunately, it damaged more
repos than expected.

From a cursory lookup, _after_ resolving the repos I maintain myself, I
still suffer from these damaged repos for now:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/STABLE:/Desktop/op
enSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/o
penSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/tools/openSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/python/open
SUSE_11.1/ |
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Tools:/Unstable/ope
nSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/monitoring/openSUSE_1
1.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/mail/openSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/system:/packagemanager/openSU
SE_11.1/

They look good to me. what error do you see ?

Adrian, sorry for being too dense: please look into repodata/repomd.xml of
the respective repos: if checksum type="sha256" appears, as it is the still
the fact from the last three of the above list

yes, they were not generated again yet.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This isn't an simple inconvenience. It's grown to a large scale denial
of update service thread, and those of us who suffer from this might
have to wait for weeks, until some packages _with differences_¹ are
build by chance in all these damaged repos.

Please discuss that with upstream yum repo people and people who wrote
package managers not alligning the specification. We are just the users
here.

This is not an upstream problem, propably the decision of using a new
default for checksumming is questionable, but that is not the matter here.

sure, but blocking all new features for OBS in general since some old code
base could have a bug is not an option either.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH