Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Request for a new attribute to share information about status of a package
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 03:34:14 +0200
Le dimanche 11 avril 2010, à 21:32 +0200, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
Am Freitag, 9. April 2010 17:32:17 schrieb Vincent Untz:
In the past, there have been several discussions about adding an
attribute that we could use to put some information about the state of a
package like "Do not update to latest upstream version because of X", or
"Do not touch until package X has been fixed".

In some way, this is similar to OBS:ProjectStatusPackageFailComment
attribute, except that it'd be more generic and it's aimed at sharing
some information with other packagers: it's something like
openSUSE:CurrentStatus, I guess.

This would help the GNOME team, and I think Will was also interested in
this for KDE. Does that make sense to other people?

This is to be set by maintainers, right? not free to grab for anyone, correct?

Both ways are fine with me --if we're afraid of abuse, then let's just
go with only settable by maintainers.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.