[opensuse-buildservice] Developement and Production
  • From: Andrew Heagle <andrew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 15:29:50 -0400
Hi,

I just recently got the build service working in our environment. I had
configured it to use a "production" environment.

Now that we have started to use it, it became clear that we would need a
"development" environment as well.

I tried following the same steps for "development" as I did for "production",
on the same host, but it doesn't seem to quite work. When I go to development,
I see all the production stuff. I am guessing that is because the file paths
are
the same.

So, my question is, is it recommended to have a different server for production
and development, or can they reside on the same server? If they can reside on
the same server, how do you configure this?

Also, when you have an environment for development and production, how do you
promote from dev to prod? Would someone just checkout the project from dev,
and then check it into prod? or is there some other way to promote it?

Thanks,
Andrew