Re: [opensuse-buildservice] local obs behind a proxy
On 2010-03-25 16:59:12 +0000, John Beranek wrote:
On 25/03/10 16:45, Marcus Hüwe wrote:
On 2010-03-24 14:33:01 +0100, Christian wrote:
I want to use the 'remoturl' feature. (added PRJ openSUSE.org)
And my local obs is not able to connect to 'api.opensuse.org' directly.
Access to internet is only allowed via proxy (e.g. squid)

So is there a possibility to tell obs to use a '$http_proxy' ?

I just wrote a small patch which adds basic http proxy support to the
backend. To enable it add 'our $proxy = "http://<ip>:<port>";' to the
BSConfig.pm file. Afterwards all remoteurl requests will be sent to
proxy.
The current implementation doesn't support proxy-authorization yet
but it should be trivial to implement it (before concentrating on
those details I want to know if the current code is ok:) ).

Feedback, remarks, objections etc. are always welcome:)

Why not just 'use LWP::UserAgent'?

The backend provides its own modules/framework for doing requests etc.
so using something like that won't help/work.

Marcus