Re: [opensuse-buildservice] small patch proposal for "build"
  • From: Alexander Kanevskiy <kad@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:52:55 +0200
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 10:58, Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Alexander Kanevskiy wrote:
This is happening because "build" script and "Build" directory is the
same filename on filesystems like MacOS where they have by default
"case insensitive" flag.

To fix that, I'm proposing small fix which consists of:

1. git mv build build.sh
2. modify Makefile to have "build.sh" installed as
$(DESTDIR)$(pkglibdir)/build

Does that mean only your checkout dir is case insensitive while
$(pkglibdir) is ok?

Yes. I wanted to change/review some bits in the git repositories sing
my laptop OS (with gitx specifically) during traveling
without need to start VM.

Both Build/ and build are installed in $(pkglibdir) ...

Actual usage and testing of those scripts are anyway limited to the
Linux, thus worrying about DESTDIR
is not a high priority until we got "MacOS as worker" support.
And in my opinion, person changing something is anyway need to build
and deploy packages in some separate testing environment...

--
br, Alexander Kanevskiy