[opensuse-buildservice] OBS and LDAP
  • From: David Greaves <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 20:07:38 +0000
Hi Luke

First off, thanks for the LDAP patch last week - I just started working on the
exact same thing and you saved me a bunch of time :)

We need to use LDAP in Nokia too so I've made some changes so I was hoping you
could you take a look and make sure it still works for you?

I've mainly working on the 1.7 branch version but the code is the same on both.

The main change is that when I spoke to Marcus/darix and he said the C-based
ruby-ldap library would be better performance-wise.

Other changes:
* Introduced more configuration options to support none-AD LDAP installs
* Support additional auth mechanism (eg local MD5 passwd comparison)
* Reduced number of LDAP queries
* Fixed ping count
* Write fakepasswd to OBS DB so LDAP users can't use OBS if removed from
LDAP
* Update email address if ldap changes

I've put it on both the 1.7 and the master branches here:
http://gitorious.org/~lbt/opensuse/lbt-build-service

patches are:
master:
http://gitorious.org/~lbt/opensuse/lbt-build-service/commit/4b32c602af33ef118d6880888aa2d1f1c216a292

1.7:
http://gitorious.org/~lbt/opensuse/lbt-build-service/commit/ca7459cc8d046ce0aa82a3755e06863415be5ad1

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."