Re: [opensuse-buildservice] invalid build service certificate
  • From: "Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 02:42:50 +0100
Dear darix,

On 2010-02-24 13:53:12 +0100, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
since updating to firefox 3.6.0, I'm presented a page on the first
access, that notes:

-8<-
build.opensuse.org uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is not
trusted.

(Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)
->8-

If I accept this certificate anyway, firefox seems to deactivate the
css, and consequently, the build service pages are rendered poorly (to
put it in a mild wording...).

I've deactivated my proxies, reinited firefox, but the issue persists.
Given, the konqueror doesn't suffer from _this_ issue, is there
anything else, that can be done from my side?

did you fiddle with the CA list of your firefox?

Other then accepting non-validated certificates - no.

just for a test, create a dummy user and launch firefox as that user and
see if it works.

Okay, did that, and it worked. :-(. I wonder, why renaming .mozilla in my
home does not! Does firefox uses other files in $HOME?

Thanks for your care,
Pete