Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Evaluation of the OpenSUSE building service
On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 10:04 -0600, Petit Eric wrote:
2010/2/17 Luke Imhoff <luke@xxxxxxxx>:
On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 09:04 -0600, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 17. Februar 2010 15:51:59 schrieb Luke Imhoff:
On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 08:30 -0600, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 17. Februar 2010 14:15:38 schrieb Marios Chatziangelou:
Hi Andrian,

Thanks for your quick reply.

3. Does the OpenSUSE building service authentication system
supports
x.509 digital certificates?

I don't think so. But what do you want them use for ?
For package signing ? Is rpm supporting this at all ?

I mean as a user authentication system.
Does the service supports user authentication vi x.509 digital certs?

Actually, I don't know. OBS is using the rails framework, if it does
support
it then maybe ....

It's not that difficult to add other authentication frameworks. We
added LDAP support for our environment.

really ? Hey where is the patch ? ;)

I could have sworn I mentioned it before and there hadn't been interest
in it, but I can't find the message in the archives, so I'll post the
patch to gitorious now.

The backend selection is through conf files ? we can use another that
"localhost" to store the user name / password ?

For our LDAP stuff we left the server, the search base and the attribute
configurable. (I think the net/ldap package also allows the port to be
specified.)

LDAP_MODE = :off
# OVERRIDE with your company's ldap server
LDAP_SERVER = "ldap.mycompany.com"
# OVERRIDE with your company's ldap search base for the users who will
use OBS
LDAP_SEARCH_BASE = "OU=Organizational Unit,DC=Domain Component"
# Sam Account Name is the login name for LDAP
LDAP_SEARCH_ATTR = "sAMAccountName"

You can put any ruby constant you want in the
api/config/environments/*.rb files to configure the authentication if
you're coding in support for X.509.

--
Cordially.

Deploy your softwares for all platforms and finally update them in 3 clicks.
Try now the OpenSource MonoOSC tool
http://monoosc.sourceforge.net/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/surfzoid/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/surfzoid:/DebianUbuntu/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/surfzoid:/DebianUbuntu:/Mono/

windows take you more($), Linux give you more!!
Political Power cannot be wisdom!

Small Eric Quotations of the days: