Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Publisher takes AGES
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:13:19 +0100
Am Montag 15 Februar 2010 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
On Monday 2010-02-15 08:37, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Is there something, that could be done from my side?

Fix/improve createrepo. I have not looked inside, but my feelings tell me
that there should be significant speedups possible.

Yes and no. There is a lot of metadata in rpmmd that openSUSE does not
even read. IIRC, someone (mls?) mentioned that using .solv-like
files instead would be sufficient, and I can imagine that is faster
as well, both in processing and download.

While this would be ok for factory or possibly 11.2, the build service
repos support way more than that.

Greetings, Stephan