Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Publisher takes AGES
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:03:22 +0100 (CET)

On Monday 2010-02-15 08:37, Adrian Schröter wrote:

Is there something, that could be done from my side?

Fix/improve createrepo. I have not looked inside, but my feelings tell me that
there should be significant speedups possible.

Yes and no. There is a lot of metadata in rpmmd that openSUSE does not
even read. IIRC, someone (mls?) mentioned that using .solv-like
files instead would be sufficient, and I can imagine that is faster
as well, both in processing and download.