Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Publisher takes AGES
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:37:29 +0100
Am Samstag, 13. Februar 2010 12:01:11 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
Hi,

it appears to me, that the publisher is taking ages to get its job done.
It is not the first time, I suffer from this, therefore..

See here:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Afrispete%3Aaufs2

kernel-default build for i586 was done at:

build18 finished "build kernel-default.spec" at Sat Feb 13 00:55:44 UTC
2010.

Now, approx. 11 hours later, the project status is still in finished state.

Is that to be expected?

yes and no. The publisher was hanging for 24 hours, that god fixed yesterday
morning.

However, it had a backlog of almost 1800 repositories to process. That takes a
while,
at absolute minimum 12 hours I would say.

Is there something, that could be done from my side?

Fix/improve createrepo. I have not looked inside, but my feelings tell me that
there should be significant speedups possible.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH