Re: [opensuse-buildservice] after latest update (1.6.99-114.1) load is very high
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:18:28 +0100
Am Donnerstag 11 Februar 2010 schrieb Jon Nelson:
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 3:01 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Freitag 05 Februar 2010 schrieb Jon Nelson:
After updating to the latest obs* packages (1.6.99-114.1) load is very
high.

I see a load of between 8 and 10. Since I have two workers going, I'd
expect to see a load of more like 2 or occasionally 3.

The logs show *lots* "GET /workerstatus?" to the rep_server, and "GET
/build/_workerstatus" to the src_server, and the delayed_job log is
constantly noisy.

Upgraded to 1.7.0

It turns out to be the delayed job code.
Every second (as in 60 times a minute) it is requesting _workerstatus
and inserting 5 rows into status_histories and DELETING rows from
delayed_jobs. Also an UPDATE in there, too. Is there anything that
will prune those tables? Is it really necessary to run once every
second?

Delayed job wil run as often as rake jobs:workerstatus was called. And as the
cron job only emits on job per minute, you very likely had the cron job
running before you had the delayed job daemon running.

And no, the status_histories table is not yet pruned, I'm still not sure
if long time history can't be interesting and so I need to prune and
replace with averages but for that I need a) more data and b) time to
experiment.

Greetings, Stephan